PHILADELPHIA – This Saturday, March 24, the “March for Our Lives Philadelphia” demonstration will take place on Market Street, Front Street and Columbus Blvd. To ensure the safety of participants and the public, road closures and parking restrictions will be implemented near the event.
Delays can be expected during the demonstration. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes, and allow for extra driving time in areas near the event. Please refrain from double-parking, which creates congestion, limits traffic flow and is illegal.
Participants in the march will assemble on 500 Market Street, 01-99 N. 5th Street and Independence National Historical Park property beginning at 8:00AM. The march portion of the demonstration will commence at 10:00AM. The march will start at 5th & Market Streets and proceed eastbound on Market Street to Front Street, southbound on Front Street to Dock Street, eastbound on Dock Street to Columbus Blvd., and southbound on Columbus Blvd. to Lombard Circle, where the rally portion of the demonstration will commence at 11:30AM. The demonstration is scheduled to conclude at 2:00PM.
The following streets will be closed starting at 6:00AM until approximately 6:00PM on Saturday, March 24th:
- Columbus Blvd. from Dock Street to Lombard Circle
- Local access will be maintained to the parking lots on the east (river) side of Columbus Blvd., accessible via Lombard Circle. Motorists wishing to access these lots must travel northbound on Columbus Blvd.
- Local access will be maintained to the I-95 northbound on ramp at Lombard Circle, accessible via northbound Columbus Blvd.
- Local access will be maintained to the Hilton Penn’s Landing, accessible via Dock Street and southbound Columbus Blvd.
The following streets will be closed starting at 8:00AM until approximately 11:00AM on Saturday, March 24th:
- 500 Market Street
- 5th Street from Market Street to Arch Street
All affected streets will be serviced and reopened as the march progresses. Additional closures and lane restrictions may be necessary in the interest of public safety. Motorists are advised to use caution and obey instructions of the Philadelphia Police Department.
The following streets will be posted as “Temporary No Parking” zones from 5:00AM-6:00PM on Saturday, March 24th:
- N. 6th Street from Market Street to Arch Street (East Side)
- N. 5th Street from Market Street to Arch Street (East Side)
- Market Street from 5th Street to Front Street (Both Sides)
- Front Street from Market Street to Dock Street (Both Sides)
- Dock Street from Front Street to Columbus Blvd. (Both Sides)
- Columbus Blvd. from Dock Street to Lombard Circle (Both Sides)
Please obey all “Temporary No Parking” signs. Vehicles parked in these locations during posted hours will be relocated.
Due to related street closures, SEPTA Bus Routes will be detoured from their normal routes through the area beginning at 6:00AM on Saturday, March 24th through approximately 6:00PM. Detours will be posted and specific route changes will be made available on the System Status Page at www.septa.org.
Public Safety Information
Leave no bags or items unattended. In an emergency or to report a suspicious person, activity or item (a backpack, a package, a container), notify a police officer immediately or call 9-1-1. Do not try to open, move, cover or touch a suspicious item.
The public should expect congestion in the area. If you are attending the event, make a plan regarding driving, public transit, parking, and supervision of children. It is recommended that attendees wear comfortable, weather-appropriate attire.
All locations referenced above and the surrounding area is designated as a “No-Drone Zone”. Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and drones of any kind are not permitted.
For tips and general information about being prepared and ready at special events, read the Special Event Safety Guide before you attend.