The City of Philadelphia is hosting the 2016 Democratic National Convention (DNC). The DNC will be held at Wells Fargo Center, July 25-28. DNC-related events will occur throughout the city, including the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Below you will find information regarding road closures, travel updates and other event-related information.
Wells Fargo Center Area
I-95 Northbound exit ramp to Broad Street
Closed Friday, July 22 at 8 PM, until midday on Friday, July 29, 2016.
I-95 Southbound exit ramp to Broad Street
Open ONLY for access to the Navy Yard from Friday, July 22 at 8 PM, until midday on Friday, July 29, 2016.
I-95 Southbound exit ramp to Broad Street CLOSED COMPLETELY during the following times:
- From Friday, July 22, at 10 PM until Saturday, July 23, at 6 AM
- From Monday, July 25, at 2 PM until Tuesday, July 26, at 2 AM
- From Tuesday, July 26, at 2 PM until Wednesday, July 27, at 2 AM
- From Wednesday, July 27, at 2 PM until Thursday, July 28, at 2 AM
- From Thursday, July 28, at 2 PM until midday Friday, July 29.
Posted detour routes for I-95 ramp closures:
- I-95 Northbound: Route 291 (Penrose Avenue) east, to Moyamensing Avenue, to Oregon Avenue to Broad Street (Route 611)
- I-95 Southbound: Enterprise Avenue, to Island Avenue, to Route 291 (Penrose Avenue) east, to Moyamensing Avenue, to Oregon Avenue to Broad Street (Route 611).
The following streets will close no later than Saturday, July 23 at 12 PM, until Friday late evening, July 29, 2016:
- S. Broad Street – from Packer Avenue to Terminal Avenue
- S. 11th Street – from Hartranft Street to Terminal Avenue
- Pattison Avenue – from 7thStreet to eastern most entrance to FDR Park
- Terminal Avenue from S. Broad Street to S. 11th Street
- Pattison Avenue from 20thStreet to the eastern most entrance to FDR Park *
- Hartranft Street from S. Broad Street to S. Darien Street *
- S. Darien Street – from Packer Avenue to Lurie Way *
- 10th Street south of Packer Avenue *
* Access limited to authorized vehicles only.
To accommodate the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, all oversize loads will be restricted from travel in Philadelphia from midday Saturday, July 23 until midday Friday, July 29.In addition, movement of all superloads (loads greater than 201,000 lbs, 16′ wide or 160′ long) will be suspended in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties during the same period.
All trucks over 5 tons will be prohibited from traveling on I-95 between Exit 13 (I-76 Valley Forge) and Exit 22 (I-676) from midday on Saturday, July 23rd until midday on Friday, July 29th.
Posted detour routes for commercial vehicles:
- I-95 northbound: Route 291 (Penrose Avenue) east, to 26th Street, to I-76 west, to I-676 east.
- I-95 southbound: I-676 west, to I-76 east, to 26th Street, to Route 291 (Penrose Avenue) west.
For current travel conditions, please see the 511 PA Map located here:
LISTING OF ACTIVE ALERTS
For a list of real time alerts, please see the 511 PA active alert page here: